Last modified May 10, 2019
Thank you for using the HeLx CommonsShare data sharing system hosted at commonsshare.org. CommonsShare services are provided by a team of researchers associated with the Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and funded by the National Institutes of Health. The services are hosted in the commercial cloud supported by participating institutions including the Renaissance Computing Institute at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, National Jewish Health, and RTI International. In the following these are referred to as participating institutions.
Modification of the Agreement
Conduct Using our Services
The commonsshare.org site is intended to support data and workflow sharing. This is broadly interpreted to include any discipline or endeavor that has something to do with biology. You are responsible at all times for using commonsshare.org in a manner that is legal, ethical, and not to the detriment of others and for purposes related to hydrology. You agree that you will not in your use of commonsshare.org:
- Violate any applicable law, commit a criminal offense or perform actions that might encourage others to commit a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Use commonsshare.org to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Use commonsshare.org to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of commonsshare.org or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses commonsshare.org;
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on commonsshare.org, except where such alterations or deletions are consistent with the access control settings of that content in commonsshare.org;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- Post any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another.
Certain portions of commonsshare.org are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to participate in online services by entering personal information. You agree that any information provided to commonsshare.org in these areas will be complete and accurate, and that you will neither register under the name of nor attempt to enter commonsshare.org under the name of another person or entity.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Commonsshare.org does not authorize use of your User ID by third-parties.
COMMONSSHARE AND ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON IT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Commonsshare.org and its participating institutions do not warrant, and hereby disclaim any warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any good, service, or information obtained from commonsshare.org. Commonsshare.org and its participating institutions do not warrant that Commonsshare.org will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that Commonsshare.org is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of commonsshare.org is at your own risk.
You agree that commonsshare.org and its participating institutions shall have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data), arising out of or relating to your use of any resource that you access through commonsshare.org.
The commonsshare.org site hosts content from a number of authors. The statements and views of these authors are theirs alone, and do not reflect the stances or policies of the CommonsShare research team or their sponsors, nor does their posting imply the endorsement of CommonsShare or their sponsors.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection/Attorney Fees
You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to commonsshare.org, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by federal law and by the laws of North Carolina, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving the United States of America, North Carolina as the exclusive legal forums for any such dispute.